Event Project Manager – Conference & Events
2 Positions available: Full time and Maternity Cover – 1 year contract
Speakeasy is one of the UK’s leading event production companies with over 25 years’ experience producing award winning conferences, award ceremonies, exhibitions and roadshows for a fantastic range of clients including high profile organisations, government agencies and associations.
Based in Edinburgh, we are looking to expand our tightly-knit events team and are currently looking for two experienced Event Project Managers to join us. These roles are wide reaching and will include full project management and production scheduling, social media campaigns, sponsorship & exhibition sales, logistics and delegate management.
The candidate will ideally have worked previously as an Event Manager or Event Producer and understand the detail involved in large scale event production. This is a demanding but exciting role where you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
The main areas of responsibility within this role will include:
- Client Relationship Management / Account Management
- Overall project management for a range of events; from large scale live events, to international association conferences and exhibitions
- Compiling comprehensive project plans and complex production schedules
- Ensure all projects are on track at all times and meeting the key milestones within the agreed timeframes
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Manage all third party suppliers including venues, caterers, entertainers and technical support staff to ensure highest quality of service and best value for money
- Where applicable to the project, identify ways in which to generate income through sponsorship and exhibition
- Manage all elements of the onsite implementation for each project including all aspects of Health & Safety
- Onsite team and supplier management
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with the clients to design and develop stand alone websites and mobile App’s if required
- Implementation of the delegate registration systems where applicable
- Within the association market, working closely with the committees to help develop the conference programme
- Management of abstract submissions, the full review process and working with journals to publish the abstracts where applicable
The successful candidate will be skilled in the following Key competencies: –
- Team Work
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning & organising
- Communication Skills
- Good working knowledge of Powerpoint and Excel. Adobe suite knowledge desirable.
Due to the nature of the role some weekend work and extended hours may be required from time to time for the delivery of the events.
Ability to be able to travel within the United Kingdom and Internationally if required.
Full UK Drivers Licence
Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
Please submit your CV’s to Colette Black on Colette.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is the 9 July 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only be in contact should your application be moved forward.