Project Manager – Conference and Events
Speakeasy is one of the UK’s leading event production companies with over 26 years’ experience producing award winning conferences, award ceremonies, exhibitions and roadshows for a fantastic range of clients including high profile organisations, government agencies and associations. In the last 12 months we have also successfully transitioned to and at the leading edge of the development into virtual and hybrid event delivery.
We are currently looking for an Events Project Manager to join our team. The candidate will have worked previously as an Event Manager or Event Producer and understand the detail involved in large scale event production. This is a demanding, but exciting role where you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
The main areas of responsibility within this role will include:
- Overall project management for a range of events; from large scale live events, to major association conferences, exhibitions, virtual and hybrid events
- Compiling comprehensive project plans and complex production schedules
- Ensure all projects are on track at all times and meeting the key milestones within the agreed timeframes
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Manage all third party suppliers including venues, caterers, entertainers and technical support staff to ensure highest quality of service and best value for money
- Where applicable to the project, identify ways in which to generate income through sponsorship and exhibition
- Manage all elements of the onsite and online implementation for each project including all aspects of onsite Health & Safety
- Onsite management
We are currently working from home with daily and regular team communication. However when current pandemic restrictions are relaxed we will return to our Edinburgh office base for a minimum 2 days per week or as required dependent on project requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project managing large events and/or conferences
- Experience with managing multiple projects at the same time
- Minimum of 3 years client facing events experience
- Advanced experience in using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel within the UK and Internationally when required
- Full UK Drivers licence
- Must be eligible to work within the United Kingdom
- Virtual events experience
- Experience with EventsAir event management platform
- Event Agency background
- Experience with Association Conferences
- Previous experience with abstract management
- Previous experience with implementing web site build/design and knowledge of mobile apps
Please send your CV’s along with a covering letter to Colette.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 15 February 2021.