Speakeasy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation in the UK, and elsewhere. We will comply with applicable data protection laws. This involves us being responsible for personal data which we use in connection with services, and equally our Partners will be responsible for personal data which they use connection with services.
Speakeasy works with trusted partners, developers and publishers, payment providers, customer service software providers and others.
This policy is effective from September 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to delegate surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a tailored event experience, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our event experience and offering.
- We may periodically send information emails and other notifications about the event and event content or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Accountability purposes as defined by UK legislation (GDPR)PaymentsIf a payment is made we process only limited payment processing information. We are notified by the payment processor once a transaction takes place, but we will not receive any of your actual payment details.Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our trusted partner services.
We don’t share information about you to third parties. The exceptions are our Trusted Partners, that help us deliver our Services and functionalities to you. We always provide our partners with the minimum information necessary for them to help us. They may have potential or actual access to limited data about you and process it on our behalf (they are formally called “Data Processors”):
- Third party vendors that provide us with internal management and data sharing tools.
- Third party vendors that provide us with analytical tools.
- Third party vendors that provide us with email marketing tools to help us managing our email communications.
- Our professional advisors dealing with legal, tax, audit or accounting matters.
- Social media platforms for the purpose of personalized and targeted communication. Your information may be processed, stored and transferred outside your country of residence. Privacy laws in these countries may not offer the same level of protection as in your country.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, your details will not be used for direct marketing – unless you have given express permission.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information about other relevant events which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Speakeasy Productions, Unit 3A, Royal Elizabeth Yard, EH29 9EN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time.